Rezept Wafer Cookies
30 bis 60 min
Portionsgröße: 12 pieces
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 6 tbsp Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch baking powder
- icing sugar for garnish
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifter
- lemon juice
- Beat the butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Sift together the icing sugar and the cocoa powder over the butter and beat in.
- Stir in the vanilla, egg yolk and milk.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the cocoa mixture and blend until incorporated.
- Shape the dough into a flat circle, wrap and chill for 20 minutes to harden it.
- Preheat your oven to 325° F.
- On a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar, roll out the dough to 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut it into 1 ½-inch circles (or any shape you like!) and transfer carefully to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookies can be lifted easily away from the parchment.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet.
For the filling:
Put the egg white in a bowl and beat in the icing sugar and lemon juice, a few tablespoonfuls at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Decorate with some icing sugar.